• Admin

Second rule of investing

Yesterday we started to review the main rules that any investor need to follow in order to make money on the markets. The first rule that we stated was that you should never invest money that you cannot afford to lose.

The second rule that we are going to review today is that you absolutely need to invest on the long term.

Some investors (they might only have some attributes of the generally accepted definition of investor) believe that it is possible to make a lot of money in a short period in the stock markets. Most of the time these investors are aware that most people actually lose money when they try trading at high frequency. However, most of them also believe that they may be smarter and that they will manage to succeed where most (if not all) do fail. You certainly have seen that there are a multitude of classes all over the world that are supposed to teach you to make money in the markets by trading actively FX or stocks. Of course, 99% of these classes are pure fraud, and the remaining 1% will certainly not make you rich either, or at least not by trading that way. No one can foresee how stocks are going to react in the short term. On top of this, high frequency trading can only be profitable for the big financial institutions that use advanced algorithms and powerful computers. The only way to make money on the stock markets for an individual investor is by following this rule: always invest in the long term!

1 view0 comments

Recent Posts

See All



This website shall not constitute an offer to sell or the solicitation of an offer to buy these securities, nor shall there be any sale of these securities, in any country or other jurisdiction in which such offer, solicitation or sale would be unlawful prior to registration or qualification under the securities laws of any such country or other jurisdiction. Please also note that the value of your investments can both rise and fall over time and that you should not assume that past performance will repeat itself. You may receive less than you originally invested. Anh Thomas Investment also declines any responsibility in respect of the tax treatment of your investments.


Copyright © 2021

Anh Thomas Investment & Management Consulting Co., Ltd

Invest in Vietnam

All rights reserved

  • LinkedIn
  • Facebook
  • Twitter